Here is an excellent article by Brad Templeton, 10 Big Myths about copyright explained.
1) "If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted."
2) "If I don't charge for it, it's not a violation."
3) "If it's posted to Usenet it's in the public domain."
4) "My posting was just fair use!"
5) "If you don't defend your copyright you lose it." -- "Somebody has that name copyrighted!"
6) "If I make up my own stories, but base them on another work, my new work belongs to me."
7) "They can't get me, defendants in court have powerful rights!"
8) "Oh, so copyright violation isn't a crime or anything?"
10) "They e-mailed me a copy, so I can post it."
11) "So I can't ever reproduce anything?"
Brad goes into excellent details in addressing each of the above copyright points in an easy to understand non legalese tone. For more insights from Brad see his other copyright article - Responses to the Copyright Crisis
Need help with your business on the Web? Professional Web Services provides Internet marketing services, Online advertising strategies, and Web branding solutions to help provide More sales for your Business to busines, or Business to consumer business.